Sunday, April 6, 2008

The message at church ...

Ever notice how the message is exactly what you needed to hear? Admittedly yesterday was a difficult day. Surely I'm not the only one that wants things to go her way so she can have what she wants ...

After Larry's phone call I allowed myself to get way down and lose focus of Who is in charge and that His ways are always better than mine. I was too sad to pray yesterday. It was easier to just slip into a slump and stay there.

Then as my Savior as has always done ... He spoke to me loud and clear through my pastor's words. Here's a quote that lit me up, "The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He cares nothing for prayerless work, prayerless study, or prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, he mocks our wisdom, but he trembles when we pray." - Samual Chadwick

Although there are times when we just don't have it in us to pray, others are praying for us. There are many examples of this in scripture and amazingly enough, there are many examples in my life too. Thank you all for living a life that makes the devil tremble ...

Today is a better day and I'm praying too. Until I hear more ...

No comments: