Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pretty sure he's on his way ...

Here is what this morning's email had to say:

"I leave tonight the 17th in the middle of the night. I have to make 2 stops before I land at TQ (Marine Air Base) then I wait there until I get stand-by on a C130 to Ali Al Saleem Air Base in Kuwait. I will be there 1-2 days waiting for a bird to the states. I will be in the states Sun or Mon at best and Tues at the worst. I will let you know as soon as possible what is up.

I am getting excited, but I will be more so when I get to Atlanta or Dallas. The travel here is such that it is hard to get too excited until you leave this environment behind. There is also the chance that the flights could be canceled due to weather along the way and that will slow me up. My leave does not start until the day after I get home."

Dear friends ... that is a long time to be traveling. Please pray for safety, patience, ability to sleep and restfulness as his trek begins. Your prayers are what get us both through each and every day apart ....

No comments: