Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Value of A Day ...

You probably have noticed that the blog posts are slowing down. This is because as I read Larry's email daily, little changes now that they are settled in. Here is what his thoughts were for today:

"Today went well, or I should say it did not drag by and that is really how we approach the value of each day. I know we are making some difference here, but one cannot measure it day to day and it gets very frustrating. In fact there has been more than one civilian who has gone home for R&R and not come back at all. A few folks around here are starting to wonder what this is all about, we have discussed it and we are trying to figure out what is up. It may be that people are just saying it is not worth it.

One thing is for sure we as Americans want progress more than the Iraqi's do, or so it seems to us in our dealings with them. Anyway, it was a good day and I am happy it is almost over. Did Mike's nephew who was in the Marines rotate back home yet or is he still in Iraq? We are still getting new people everyday and there is more talk about us getting swapped out with DOS so we are curious about that.

I hope you have a great day today at work, I know good things are going to come your way today. Remind everyone you see today, that no matter what is happening in their day that they are so blessed to live in the greatest nation in the world. Baby, I love you and my force is with you today."

It saddens me that our dedicated men and women have days like this. I know many days are better than others but I pray that they know they are making a difference more often than not. What I am most proud of is that Larry is committed regardless of how he feels today. There is a lot we can learn from these brave soldiers & civilians serving for us ...

No comments: